Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

I worked in the BPO industry for 8 years but I was one of the lucky few (as far as I'm concerned since there are some who are NOT morning people) who spent most of those years in the morning shift. When I started, I had to work at night. This pained me since I cannot tuck Julianna to bed. After a year and a few positions later, I finally got the AM shift.

I was happy and this was probably one of the reasons why I stayed for a long time. In most cases, I was given the 6AM or 7AM shift. I love spending the afternoons and evenings with my daughter.

Since I had to wake up early, we had to sleep early. My husband, who works like a horse, has a very demanding job and doesn't seem to mind the lack of sleep. I, on other hand, can be a very mean person if sleep deprived. So, for everyone's sake, I make sure that I get my rest.

Last March, when I quit my job to become a full-time cake whatever, I have been sleeping really late. I'm busier than ever and most of the time, I find myself sculpting and baking until 3AM. I would wake up really late (it's summer vacay) and start working on stuff really late as well. Sometimes Julianna would complain and say, "Ma, why don't you bake and decorate your cakes early so you can sleep early?". That's a good point but my body clock is so messed up right now!
So, I used good ol' Google and searched for tips and advice on how to change my sleeping pattern. I came upon a very interesting article from curezone.com. No, it didn't talk about counting sheep or warm milk but it discussed the Chinese Body Clock. The diagram is divided into several times of the day wherein a certain body organ is at its peak. Or something like that.

As for my main concern, maybe I have to include exercise in my daily routine. I've been thinking of jogging at least 4 times a week for the past months now. This might just do the trick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment